Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Really!?! Me?
So many things going on; So little time! As I am sure you are all aware...This is the busiest time of the year! Can I have 36 hours per each day? Please, Mr. Time Man!
I've been slacking on our blog lately, but promise to be back in full-force after mid-June.
Recently, I recieved a new calling at church. One lovely Sunday morning, Russ and I were asked to meet with the Bishop in his office. I assumed we were meeting with him because Tel's 12th birthday was just around the corner - Wrong!
When he started the conversation by asking how I enjoyed primary...I knew something was up. He then proceeded to tell me they had something even more exciting for me. Something more time consuming. Something I have never done before. He asked, with a big grin on his face, if I would like to be in the Young Women's presidency. A little shocked, I think my response was, "For real?" "You know I was never in YW's? Nor do I know anything about it?" Bishop assured me I would do just fine and the other girls would show me the ropes. And they are. But wow, girls camp and such...We're busy!
Please pray for my poor Young Women. Luckily, I'm over the Beehives and they're sweet little gals. Patient and all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I would totally be a Beehive again if you'd be my leader! You are such a fun gal. We miss you down here!! I'm so jealous of the Beehives of your ward. Congrats on the new calling and keep us updated!
ReplyDelete(PS - I still remember some things my Beehive leaders said to us during lessons here and there. Now that she's about 70 years old, I still remind her every time I see her of that lesson and she just laughs!)
I was going to say the same thing... I want to be 12!! You will do awesome - just be yourself and honest. Some of my greatest memories are in YW... I am sure you will have a blast!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be so great with those girls! And they are amazing! I know from experience ;) I was so excited that they put you in there!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! It really is so fun to be in the YW presidency, I was like 3 years ago over the beehives, we had a blast! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteYou are the camp leader I'D want! hehe
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
I love young womens! You will be the best...no experience needed...Just love for the girls. You need to tell me what you do in your ward, so I can have some new ideas. I'm the yw pres for the second time. You'll be awesome!
ReplyDelete