He Made It! They Made It!
Wonder why I've been somewhat absent from blogging!?! Well, we've been preparing for a week long trip to Nationals in Gallup, New Mexico! Tel made it to the Jr. High Finals in tie-down roping!
I'm so proud of this little boy - He's wanted to be a calf roper for as long as I can remember. He admitted, he even dreams about it when he's sleeping. He's begged us and begged us for a calf roping horse, but as many of you know, calf horses are pricey. With the help of two really great family friends, Tel's 'rodeo' horse is working well enough for Tel to calf rope on. (As in, the horse finally stays back!) And, he made it to Nationals! I balled like a baby! He practices his tail off every day after work and has improved so much in one years time. As a Momma, watching your kids become successful at something is even better than becoming successful yourself.
Who's that cute little girl in the picture? Our neighbor and "Joel the Cowboy's" big sister, Jaylynn. She's also going in barrel racing. We're so excited for our upcoming weekend!
That is so so awesome! What fun that will be! I bet you guys are so proud!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! :) Nationals!!!!!!! Where will they be held?
ReplyDeleteAnd that is so true about the success of your children; at least I can say the same for my students & their successes this school year.
Miss ya Lis; hopefully I will be down your way later on this summer!