Friday, February 20, 2009

Our Very Own Blog!


Ladies and Gentleman! I am writing to announce our official entrance into the blog world as a family of four! (Plus three dogs, two cats, one darling baby calf, too many cattle to think of and still too many horses to count.)

We are the Jones family of Enterprise, Utah! (Russ, Lisa, Tel and Tanzee.) Yep, I said it, cold, snowy, bright eyed, early morning, non coffee drinking Enterprise. I will attempt to answer any questions you may have regarding our life. (As I am often trying to explain 'what exactly is it you do?'!)

Russ is the owner of his family ranch; Jones Boys Ranches. We have cattle outside of Enterprise and Antimony in the summer and we range outside of Mesquite, Nevada and on the Arizona Strip during the winter. Our home and farm is in Enterprise, but we spend many long days traveling to our range allotments.

Russ has convinced me to quit my job as a 911 Dispatcher and work full time as his ranch manager, the ranch momma and horse riding/cowgirl/stay at home mom. I love my new life and wouldn't trade a million dollars for the fresh air, cows, horses and closeness we share as a family. I am thankful to have such a loving husband and children.

Russ and I met through his brother, Rich, in the fall of 2007. It took Russ a few months to finally ask me out :-) , but once he did, we were connected at the hip. It took me a few months to convince him to marry me, and it took Russ a few months after that to convince me to marry him. You could say we both had chilly toes, but at different times. One of the first questions I asked Russ about the ranch was, "Do you really still herd cattle on horseback?" I remember thinking 'people still do that'!?! His answer was, "Yes!" And since that day, Russ and Tel have been working hard to turn 'Momma Lisa' from an Ohio pig farmer to a Utah cowgirl.

Our most recent adventure on the farm includes feeding a baby calf from our mud room. But no fears, Russ called to inform me the 'little bugger' was sold. Bye, Bye Big Red! Stay tuned for future ranch life stories and our planned farm house renovation. Until next time, The Jones Family.

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy! Welcome welcome! Wish you were a little closer :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. How'ze non-dispatching life?? When are you gonna blog again???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!