Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Fresh Start


After one full year of attending LDS services with me every Sunday,
listening to my criticism,
answering my questions,
sitting through lessons with four different sets of missionaries,
laughing at me struggle to bend the rules of coffee consumption,
standing by my side and never pushing me through the door...
My husband was finally able to baptize me last Sunday.

If you know me well, you know I swore I would never be a member of 'the church'. I lied, sorry, and I couldn't be happier. I'm A Molly Now! Well, not quite, but still, I have a wonderful and supportive ward.

And most important, I'm very proud of my shy husband and quiet children who all took part in the service. Tanzee helped our sister missionary with her speech, Russ performed the baptism and Tel gave a beautiful closing prayer.

I've posted a new picture of Russ and I; Sparing you from the picture of me in the 'flattering' white jumpsuit. Sorry, that picture is in hiding. :-)

7 comments:

  1. Families are the best, aren't they? Whatever you decide to do with your life, you are a wonderful wonderful person filled with kindness :)

    P.S. That picture of you two if fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy day! I knew that once you had an opportunity to see what it was really about - you would change your mind! Congrats... and why didn't anyone tell you that you could wear a cute white dress instead of that horrible jumpsuit? lol I'll have to show you pictures of me as a kid in my dress my mom made me - I loved it to pieces - I felt like a princess!

    That is such a great picture of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, it is pretty amazing! Brandon and I just got sealed in the temple with our children and it was the best thing in the whole world! I couldn't imagine anything better. I am proud of you. I hope you and your husband continue to find happiness in each other and are able to make it to the temple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is so awesome Lisa! I love seeing you all the time at the store! What ward are you guys in? I haven't been to church up here yet (cuz I work sundays)... but if I do go I may see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats lisa! To be honest I aleady thought you were a member! It is always so great to have family around to help us and bless our lives! What a happy time for you and your Family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Yay Gilleyweed! Congrats. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry I'm so late in congratulating you - but CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you! You have such a happy personality and your smile always makes me smile :) I'm sure your new little family is super proud of you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!