Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
I've decided, this holiday is much better as a married couple. No wondering, who will ask me out? Or will anyone ask me out? Will I get flowers? Chocolate? Should I buy him a card? Nope, when you're married...It's, "Honey, I love you. What would you like to do? Are we taking the kids?"
And this valentine's weekend, we did take the kids. On Saturday evening, we packed up, headed to St. George for dinner and Russ bought me a 'Grandma Get-Around Car'! We've been looking for a car for months...cheap, affordable, and clean. Finally, we found our car! A 1990 Bonneville and the kids think we're riding in style! Lol!
Russ was so good this week. When we were dating, he sent me flowers all the time. But, now that I don't work in town, the flowers just aren't as plentiful...Until this week! He brought home flowers on Wednesday and had his brother deliver some to me on Saturday! Job well done! And, he remembered I needed a new cake pan...Ta-Dah! That wonderful thing about being married...I got the new cake pan too...And, a STARBUCK'S card! I've recently demoted to decaf', but it's still wonderful!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family;This first year of marriage has been the best of my life!


This post makes me so happy! I'm so glad that your weekend was great. Good job husband!
ReplyDeleteI love your new look!!
ReplyDeleteAnd the new picture on the header! Cute!
Glad you had a great day!
~Rachel
Hi! I popped over here from CountryGirl...and I see that my buddy Rachel knows you too. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove your blog, my last name is Jones...so that is one thing that caught my eye. ;)
How fantastic! I'm glad for you and your cute family. Valentines is highly over-rated but i love having a family to share it with :)
ReplyDelete