Tuesday, March 30, 2010

C-H-I-C-A-G-O

My Sister (Aunt Heather) and my Mother (Grandma Gilley) decided to take Tanzee to 'The American Girl Place' in Chicago. The instructions I received were, "Buy her a ticket and we'll cover the rest." So, Tanz and I saved our money and flew in to Dayton, Ohio (hometown airport) on March 10th. We drove to Chicago the next day and spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday gallivanting in the big city.

On Thursday evening we went to the Chicago Art Institute, Willis Tower (Sears) on Friday morning, The American Girl Place all day Friday, Yummy-Yummy Steakhouse Friday evening, People Watching every evening from our hotel room and shopping on Saturday. We spent the last two days of our trip hanging out in Ohio with my Dad (Grandpa Gilley), Brother-in-Law (Uncle Allen), Brother (Seth), Aunt Vic and Grandma MaryEllen.

Me, Tanzee and Grandma in front of The American Girl Place on a very windy Chicago day!



Tanzee must be 'part-city girl' at heart; She wasn't bothered by the commotion one bit...And wasn't scared of the glass boxes off Sears Tower either. In fact, she loved them!




Aunt Heather, Tanzee, American Girl Doll on the glass box hanging from Sears Tower.



American Girl Doll, Tanzee and me also in the glass box on Sears Tower.


2 comments:

  1. That looks like a blast! I love the glass towers! That is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! You guys are brave, I'm scared for you, just looking at the pics, but I'm TERRIBLY scared of heights though.. :)
    Looked like y'all had a ball!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!