Friday, December 3, 2010

R.I.P. Grandma Cow

Two weeks ago, we said goodbye to the cow I gave the handle of 'Grandma Cow' to.  She was the last Hereford cow owned by Pa' and then Dad and now my husband.  She had both Pa' and Dad's brand on her.  The ole' cow stuck around so long because she kept having a healthy calf year after year and she was so easy to herd.


I loved her un-cut horns!  I wish the cattle industry of present day would focus less on looks (black) and more on quality beef! 



R.I.P. Grandma Cow - You sure did contribute a lot to this ranch!

1 comment:

  1. Hey ask Russ if that was the one I was yelling at the whole time when I went and moved cows with them a couple years ago! Thing moved WAY too slow! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!