Tuesday, April 10, 2012

After a LONG two weeks; I'm back...

Update:

In the post, Mad Momma, I told everyone about my over-flowing washer.  The washer flooded my laundry room, dining area, into part of my NEW back room and three days later...We discovered water that leaked between the wall into my office and under my computer desk.  Hence, my blogging break.  My office is still a wreck from moving everything in 'haste'. 

And, I dropped my Droid in the bathtub.  It's still drying in a bag of rice and I temporarily lost all forms of Blogger-Communication.

We've just returned from a five day branding 'vacation' over Easter weekend and I'm ready to share pictures of my now tidied, reorganized and newly painted laundry room/dining area with everyone.

I was in too much of a hurry to take 'Before' pictures, so we only have 'After' pictures to share as I don't often take pictures of my laundry room.  It's usually piled high with manure covered Wranglers!

The view from my kitchen into the dining area and laundry room.


Another of the same view.  I painted the walls light yellow or the official title of 'Buttercup' and will soon add John Deere curtains and tablecloth when I've finished sewing them.


My 'Old-Window' wall.  I will add a family picture inside of the empty window.


My dining area and kitchen are connected, I completed all the changes in one day to prepare for the new appliances, so I wasn't able to paint and finish the whole kitchen.  This is a picture of the 'untouched' area.


More untouched area, above my kitchen cabinets.


The sign above our office door.  This was a Christmas gift from family friends.


A closer view of the laundry room and Brand-Spankin' New Washer/Dryer Set...I bought the largest top-loading set available and love them!


I bought these baskets at K-Mart for 90% Off last year and love them for organizing.


And, I promised more back room pictures.  Here they are!  The white cabinet is my sewing table.  I have an 'Official Sewing Area' now!  No more rolling my cabinet around the house to work on projects!


The food storage shelf.  So dang handy!


The coat rack:  Russ will also add another shelf and bin for fire wood.  When he gets a break from work, maybe next winter!?!


Looking in from the opposite angle.


Back to the dining area, my Aunt bought me this clock, so cute - eh?


My shiny polished floors!  For one day...Aaahhh the beauty of not having manure covered shoe prints on your floor!


Looking in from our living room.


And, a little Easter.  I used Grandma's old candy dishes to hold candy and absolutely love the blue ceramic full of Easter colors!



I'm hoping everyone had a wonderful holiday!  We enjoyed another fun-filled branding weekend complete with Easter egg hunt and all! 




7 comments:

  1. Lisa, your house is so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darlin' I know it was a pain and a half but it looks simply charmin'! I love the yellow and the green will be just perfect!

    Rest up girl...you've been up to your neck to say the least.

    God bless ya and have a splendid day sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, we are long overdue for a catch up date! SOOO hoping I see you soon! Your cute family is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummm... I have to admit.. its been awhile since i visited you on your blog.. I just got caught up! I love you and your little family! Each person in your family is special to me.. especially you and miss Tanz! Loves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting you from Rough String -- love your blog. Your home redoux is lovely -- so sorry about the water leak though. Just life, I guess. Now following.

    ~Nancy @ A Rural Journal~

    ReplyDelete
  7. A floor without manure covered shoe prints!? That's a pretty good day. Lol

    Between the cows, horses, and chicken houses...I totally understand!

    I love the picture of you and your husband below this comment section...the look on your boy's face is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!