Thursday, April 19, 2012

Our Adopted Cowboy

Once Upon A Time,


A little cowboy named Joel tried out his first set of Rocky Mountain Oysters,


And discovered he just might be cut out for this cowboy life after all!


He even poses well, next to his favorite horse, wearing his new chaps.


He handles himself well in the branding trap - Not too uptight or rushed.


He drug a few calves in and earned his first official branding lesson from Russ.


Still, I say, calm as ever.  He's a born natural.

Joel is our neighbor, friend and adopted cowboy.  He's a farmer at heart and a rancher in training.  Joel badly needed a big brother when his older brothers left for college and a mission.  My little boy, Tel, badly needed a little brother who loved riding and roping.  They fit together like peas in a pod.  They even love playing 'Civil War' together.  

I'm guessing Joel will continue to join us at cow camp.  I can't wait to see what other adventures these little boys find to entertain themselves with.  I love this little guy and hope his Momma lets us keep dragging him along.

Join us at the Rural Thursday Blog Hop to see what everyone else is up to. 




7 comments:

  1. How wonderful that they've filled a need in each other in their friendship! Great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for the boys to be able to "hang out" together doing things they love and kudos to you guys for letting him come along! The pictures of him eating the Rocky Mountain Oysters are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your hearts for being there for Joel. He looks to be a very capable boy/cowboy and I'm sure he'll reap the benefits of your teachings well into adulthood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'll ever try those.. so go Joel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww, and what a handsome little dude that Cowboy Joel makes. I've got a feelin' he's gonna be part of your crew for years to come!

    God bless ya and have a super great week sweeite!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!